About HPG Executive Recruiting
HPG Executive Recruiting was established in 1999 from offices in Southern California and Chicago, Illinois. Under the leadership of our founder, Gary Hamm, it wasn’t long before HPG became one of the country’s premier healthcare executive search firms. Today, from offices in Orange County, California, our territory stretches nationally, and our search expertise coverages positions within healthcare on the provider side, as well as manufacturing and technology.
HPG is a family-run boutique firm and we’ve worked hard to keep it that way. We like being able to offer our rich experience at a more competitive value and with more freedom to explore a wider pool of highly-qualified candidates. Our client partners like that too. Call it, our recipe for your success.
Unique insight into the talent network
We’re networked and connected to a relevant and diverse talent pool in local, regional, and national markets, and we stay with each candidate through the entire search and placement process, from initiation to placement.
HPG's process of Quality Placement
HPG’s consultative approach to retained search is carefully designed to meet each client’s specific needs. We closely coordinate each phase of the search with our client and adapt it as necessary throughout the consulting assignment.
Define Objectives and Requirements
- Confer with clients
- Understand the organization
- Specify Requirements
- Prepare briefing documents
- Gain client agreement
Research and Identify Candidates
- Develop list of target industries and companies
- Review data bases for requisite backgrounds
- Source professionals for informed referrals
- Conduct initial telephone calls to screen prospective candidates
- Review backgrounds with client
Interview and Evaluate
- Identify accomplishments and capabilities
- Assess strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluate against requisite profiles
- Develop priority list of candidates to be interviewed by client
Process and Place
- Conduct reference checks
- Conduct background check, when appropriate
- Prepare a spread report on each candidate
- Gain agreement on the right choice
- Assist candidate with decision and final negotiations